Photo by Diana Johnson || EatingRichly.com
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Servings: 4
About This Recipe
“A classic & delicious Italian dessert. It is very light, so it is good after a heavy meal.
- 2 cups warm water
- 3/4 cup sugar
ONE of the following
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, &
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 of 3Italian Ice
- 1/2 cup lime juice, &
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 cup pureed strawberry
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate, grated & melted
- maraschino cherries, with stems whole strawberries (to garnish) or chocolate shavings ( to garnish)
- In a saucepan, dissolve sugar in water.
- Add fruit juice, strawberries, or chocolate.
- If adding fruit juice, let stand 5 minutes, then strain out rind.
- Pour mixture into freezing tray & freeze, stirring frequently until mixture is thick & mushy.
- Serve in chilled champagne glasses with appropriate garnish.