Oven Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Prep Time 20 min
- Total Time 50 min
- Servings 4
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 very thin slices lean cooked ham (about 3/4 oz each)
- 4 very thin slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese (about 3/4 oz each)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup finely crushed corn flakes or bran flakes cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 8-inch square (2 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Between sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper, flatten each chicken breast to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Spread each chicken breast with 1/2 teaspoon mustard; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon chives. Cut ham and cheese slices to fit chicken. Top each chicken breast with ham and cheese slice. Roll up, tucking ends inside.
- In shallow bowl, combine egg white and water; beat slightly. Place cereal crumbs in shallow dish. Coat chicken rolls with egg white mixture; roll in crumbs. Place in baking dish; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- 1 1/2g
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
% Daily Value*:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 3 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.