The Toronto Star’s Irish Coffee
Photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 2 mins
- Servings: 1
About This Recipe
“I clipped this back in the early 1980s from a Toronto Star article on St. Patricks Day, and just found it tonight! Talk about timing!”
- 2 ounces Irish whiskey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar ( or to taste)
- black coffee ( hot and strong)
- whipped cream
2 of 3The Toronto Star’s Irish Coffee
- In a pre-warmed stemmed heatproof glass (yes, you can also use a prewarmed coffee mug, but it doesn’t look as good), pour in whisky, then add sugar, then pour in coffee up to within 1/2-inch of rim.
- Stir well to dissolve sugar.
- Fill to the brim with whipped cream.
- Serve, enjoy, relax!