- 20 min prep time
- 45 min total time
- 8 ingredients
- 6 servings
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes with mild green chiles, well drained
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2 oz)
- 1 egg, beaten
Heat oven to 400°F. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in chili powder, salt and tomatoes. Remove from heat.
On ungreased large cookie sheet, unroll pie crusts. Spoon about 2 cups beef mixture onto half of each crust, spreading to within 1/2 inch of edge. Top each with 1/4 cup cheese.
Brush edge of each crust with beaten egg. Fold untopped half of each crust over filling; press edge with fork to seal. Cut slits in several places in top of each; brush with beaten egg.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges to serve.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
% Daily Value*:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
2 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 4 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.