Amaretto Crème Brulee
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a saucepan, bring cream, Amaretto, and almond extract to a boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg yolks with 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Slowly whisk the hot cream into the egg yolk mixture until well blended.
- Place 6 to 8 shallow individual 6 to 8-ounce baking dishes in a large baking or roasting pan.
- Pour cream mixture into the baking dishes. Pour boiling water into the baking dish to about halfway up the small baking dishes.
- Carefully place the pan in the oven. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the centers barely move. You may have to adjust the baking time, depending on the size/depth of the baking dishes.
- Cool the creme brulee then chill for about 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle each creme brulee with 2 to 3 teaspoons of sugar.
- Carefully torch to melt the sugar, moving and taking care not to burn. Or, place under the broiler, turning and watching very closely, until sugar turns a darker brown, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. A cooking torch is good to have if you make this often. You have much more control on melting the sugar, which forms the famous crust.
- Top each creme brulee with a sprig of mint and sliced toasted almonds if desired.