- 1 cup butter (not margarine)
- 2.5 cups packed, light brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, melt butter in the microwave
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the bowl. Mix well and microwave for 5 minutes
- While it is in the microwave, grease a 13×9 pan.
- Remove from microwave and whisk.
- Return to microwave for another 5 minutes and then whisk again.
- Return for a final 5 minutes (15 minutes total). Whisk it well and then pour into greased pan.
- Store in refrigerator until set (about 1-2 hours). Store in refrigerator
Once your caramel has set, you can cut it into small pieces with a greased knife.
But here’s where the fun starts! While eating it plain is still a delicious treat…
You can also take those little caramel squares and dip them in melted chocolate with a sprinkle of sea salt!
Or instead of cutting little squares, wrap them in wax paper to give away as gifts.
Or make some marshmallows wrapped in caramel and then dipped in chocolate.