Mediterranean Fish Cakes
1 h 35 m
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 ounces fresh bay scallops
- 1/2 medium onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 6 basil leaves
- 2 fresh hot chile peppers, seeded
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 (9 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 (6.5 ounce) can shrimp, drained
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in scallops; cook, turning until white on all sides. Drain, and set scallops aside to cool.
- Place into a food processor the onion, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, egg, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Then add parsley, basil leaves, chiles, and Italian seasoning. Pulse on medium setting until finely chopped. Place scallops, tuna, and shrimp into food processor, and pulse on low. Gradually pour in breadcrumbs, continuing to pulse until the mixture becomes firm and slightly sticky but is not pureed to a paste (the seafood should maintain some texture).
- Form the mixture into palm-size patties, about 1 inch thick. Place on a plate, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dredge patties lightly in flour; shake off excess flour, and place patties in skillet. Cook until golden brown on both sides.