Low Carb Almond Muffins
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 23 mins
- Serves: 6, Yield: 6 muffins
About This Recipe
“Delicious low carb muffins. I got this recipe from Food.com with the title “corn bread muffins” but these are not like corn bread. The taste and texture are more like soft muffins like the ones you get from Famous Dave’s but without all the carbs. I have been making these every weekend for about 3 months and my husband and I split one every morning. You can also make a tasty low carb icing but I find these to bee took sweet so I always cut the Splenda in half on those. Also note: You can add 1 Tsp lemon extract and 1 Tsp poppy seeds for a fabulous variation.”
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 (1 ounce) packets Splenda sugar substitute ( or equivalent)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together the Almond Flour, Baking Powder and Splenda.
- Melt the butter and beat the eggs.
- Add the melted butter, beaten eggs, heavy cream and water.
- Spray muffin pan with Pam (or equivalent) – I like the Pam Baking Spray.
- Bake for 18 minutes. This should allow them to fluff up nicely.
- Makes 5 – 6 good sized muffin.