Oyster and Cornbread Dressing
1 h 30 m
Recipe By: DUNCAN
The recipe has been in my family for years. Chopped oysters and chicken broth make it very moist and flavorful. For an even more moist dressing, use more chicken broth.”
- 2 (8 ounce) packages corn bread mix
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 (8 ounce) cans oysters, liquid reserved
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- Prepare the corn bread according to package directions. Allow bread to cool, then crumble into a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×9 inch baking pan.
- Over medium-low heat melt butter in a large saucepan. Mix in the onions and parsley. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until onions are soft. Transfer to the bowl with bread crumbs.
- Chop the oysters. Mix oysters, eggs, pepper, poultry seasoning, sage, chicken broth and reserved oyster liquid into the corn bread mixture. Transfer to the baking dish.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 45 minutes.