Smoked Turkey, Avocado & Brie Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 6 sandwiches
About This Recipe
“Make these when you have some beautiful fresh herbs. This is different and delicious because of the fresh herbs, garlic and pepperoni in the mayo mix. It makes a very special sandwich. If you like, you can also use this as a filling for lavosh wrapped sandwiches. Roll them up, chill them for an hour, and cut on the diagonal for a very nice lunch presentation.”
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 slices pepperoni, minced
- 3 ounces brie cheese, sliced thin and at room temperature
- 1 lb smoked turkey slice, very thin
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 head spinach leaves, washed well and dried thoroughly
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced thin
- Cut 6 small (one-person size) baguettes in half.
- Mix together mayo, cilantro, oregano, garlic and pepperoni.
- Spread evenly over the baguette halves.
- On 6 halves, now layer the brie first, spread a bit to fill in gaps, then turkey, tomatoes, avocado, and season with s&p.
- Top with spinach.
- Put the other half of the baguette on top of the filling mix.
- This can be refrigerated for about 2 hours, but any longer and the avocado will start to darken.